www.meidling-forum.at Foren-Übersicht www.meidling-forum.at

FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

Expose Child sex abuse in the Orthodox Jewish community!

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    www.meidling-forum.at Foren-Übersicht -> INTERNATIONALE BESCHWERDE-PLATTFORM
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
Eberndorfer

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Nov 29, 2008 3:31 am    Titel: Expose Child sex abuse in the Orthodox Jewish community! Antworten mit Zitat

Expose child sex abuse in the Orthodox Jewish community
By Marci Hamilton
November 20th 2008

Most people think our culture offers no sympathy to perpetrators of child sexual abuse and goes to great lengths to protect victims. But in reality, sex criminals still get far too much protection and victims far too little help. The most recent reminder is the case of Assemblyman Dov Hikind, who is sitting on files that detail such abuse in the Orthodox Jewish community - including the names of 60 accused sexual predators.

Hikind isn't revealing the information to the authorities because, he says, his sources - the people who say they were victims - had sworn him to secrecy and are afraid of becoming outcasts in their community. But the case, and Hikind's excuses, only underline the need for urgent reform.

First, he says that most of the victims are in their late 20s or older, meaning the statutes of limitations have expired and no prosecution or civil lawsuit could be filed. Regrettably, that is true; state law mandates that criminal charges must be filed by the time a victim is 18 and civil claims by 23.

Second, Hikind maintains that the victims spoke to him in confidence. Again, this is correct. If Hikind were a doctor, police officer or one of the other professionals required by state law to report such abuse, he would be prohibited from refusing to inform authorities because of a deal with victims. He is not.

This is infuriating. In the name of protecting victims, a state assemblyman is shielding people accused of committing the most heinous crimes imaginable.

Enough is enough. First, the Brooklyn district attorney should convene a grand jury to investigate abuse within the Orthodox Jewish community - just as the district attorney did in Philadelphia to investigate the Catholic Archdiocese there.

Second, the state mandatory reporter law, which requires health care professionals and others to inform authorities of child abuse cases, must be amended to include elected representatives. There is no sound public policy that justifies permitting these officials to hoard such information to the detriment of children.

Most important, New York must enact Assemblywoman Margaret Markey's bill to extend the statute of limitations on child sex abuse and create a "window" - making it possible for those victims whose statutes of limitations have expired to file, for a set period of time, a civil lawsuit against perpetrators and the institutions that hid the truth.

Most victims need decades to come forward. Current deadlines virtually guarantee that predators are able to abuse many children before (and if) they get caught.

Across the country, a grass-roots movement advocating such window legislation is on the move. In 2002, California passed a one-year window. The result: more than 300 previously unnamed predators were identified.

New York must get in step before more children are victimized - with no legal recourse as far as the eye can see.

Hamilton is a professor at Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law of Yeshiva University and author of "Justice Denied: What America Must Do to Protect Its Children."

Comments:

Dov Hikind is an Orthodox Jew who represents Assembly District 48 and a past memeber of the JDL. If not, at least it appears that his interests are vested. Religionist proved to have very little power in the last election and it would be great if the tendrils of their self serving hosts were severed once and for all from the body politic, but as Assemblyman Hikind proves by his presence, that is not a fact yet. We need to tear down the walls of these cults and not allow our country to be controlled by them and have our citizens endangered by them. Freedom of Religion, like all freedoms, are predicated upon their non criminal applications; to abet is a crime.
Posted by Azazel on Nov 21, 2008 Post

It would seem the Orthodox community has been getting preferential treament in their communitis for years. Just recently there was and article about the vast amounts of parking tickets issued to the Orthodox cummunity near Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Apparently, haven been given ample notice of the change in parking rules in their community, many chose not to remove their cars and were ticketted. After the outcry of the ticketted, all tickets were thrown out by the PVB. I lived in Crown Heights durring the riots and while I was appalled at the violence (I am an African American), there was no mention or more importantly, no justice for the two little children that were run down by an Hassidic convoy, the offending car running a red light. To make matters worse, the Hassidic run ambulance that was the first to arrive at the scene, chose to assist the driver while the two little children were under his car, leaving them and the scene once the driver had been removed from his car. Incci
Posted by CRC0731 on Nov 21, 2008

Incidents like these only reinforce the belief that the Jewish communities in New York get preferential treatment from the police and the elected officials in their communities. The Catholic church was, has been and continues to be "crucified" by the press and elected officials since the knowledge of the preist's abuse of children became known. why should there be any difference with that of the Jewish community? CHILD ABUSE IS UNACCEPTABLE NOT MATTER WHO THE PERPRETRATORS ARE!!!
Posted by CRC0731 on Nov 21, 2008

The State should intervene. It is not right to sexual abuse anyone, no matter race, religion or sexual orientation. Makes no sense why this isn't treated like any other case. Aren't we all human beings?
Posted by BKNY4 on Nov 21, 2008

Besides receiving special privileges because of their community and who they are AND being obsessed with money and wealth like no other race or ethnic group on the face of this Earth; now, just like the Catholic Church (a world wide multi-billion dollar business itself), the Orthodox Jewish community is trying to cover the a*sses of PEDOPHILES among their own brethren (no pun intended.)
Posted by rje2000 on Nov 21, 2008

A nice idea but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to happen. I grew up in Ramapo in Rockland County, and the preferential treatment for that sect was rampant. I no longer live there but I'm certain that nothing has changed in the years since.
Posted by ThePhantom on Nov 21, 2008

Many of the practices and secrecy of the ultra-orthodox sects of Judaism bring shame to all Jews, in a world where we're barely tolerated. I have been told that there are statutes in the Talmud that essentially exonerate child rape because a child is innocent and cannot give consent. This is twisted into a rationale that the child didn't lose their innocence if they didn't give consent. Stuff like that drives me nuts. I wish the Orthodox community would consider the rest of the Jews and how they embarrass us.
Posted by shell0724 on Nov 21, 2008

The most recent reminder is the case of Assemblyman Dov Hikind, who is sitting on files that detail such abuse in the Orthodox Jewish community - including the names of 60 accused sexual predators. Regrettably, in this country, a politician is still a politician, with only re-election on his mind, through the process of giving the impression that he is satisfying as many divergent opinions as possible. What exactly, is the purpose of collecting files on sexual abuse (including 60 names of known predators), if this information will not be turned over to law enforcement? But again, Assemblyman Hikind is simply exercising his role as a politician. He must satisfy the group that is outraged by child molestation, through his acknowledgment of the problem, and doing something- albeit with no end purpose- about it. Simultaneously, he must satisfy those who are enablers- and are against notifying the authorities- by publicly displaying the fact that he himself is an enabler o
Posted by bewhiskered on Nov 23, 2008

"Shame" is an understatement for an adjective but that's beside the point. Sex abuse is so rampant in these sects they all turn a blind eye. Perhaps doctors can and will link this to TAY-SACHS DISEASE. Or perhaps they've known all along.
Posted by The~Editor on Nov 24, 2008

For greater understanding see "Review of Hoffmann's 'Judaism Discovered' and 'SECRET SOCIETIES and SUBVERSIVE MOVEMENT."
Posted by jenifer taylor on Nov 25, 2008

2009 will be the beginning of the twilight of the Hebrews. So says my guru who has never been wrong once. There is no place for the community to go but down. They have ridden the wave for 60 years. All waves crash eventually. Pride goeth before the fall.
Posted by oyatelady on Nov 25, 2008

Investigate! Sociopaths dealt in church's and communities such as the one being accused here. Investigate investigate investigate........Expose all religious psychopaths who hurt children/human beings period.
Posted by Mancha de Platano on Nov 25, 2008

For fear of their political machine, no authority will touch even the pedophiles in that community and they know this. They openly abuse their status and take advantage of their tax status to make communities into foot stools, but you'd think if children were involved they'd atleast try and intervene,but alas it's not what you do it's who's got your back, SHAME ON THEM.
Posted by every1has1 on Nov 28, 2008

A friend who is the son of a cop says the Orthodox Jewish men are busted with prostitutes all the time. Very common practice for the men in that community. I'm just repeating first-hand information I've heard.
Posted by noexcuseforstupid on Nov 28, 2008

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2008/11/21/2008-11-21_expose_child_sex_abuse_in_the_orthodox_j.html
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    www.meidling-forum.at Foren-Übersicht -> INTERNATIONALE BESCHWERDE-PLATTFORM Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 2 Stunden
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.