www.meidling-forum.at Foren-Übersicht www.meidling-forum.at

FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

George Soros: The worst financial crisis since the 1930s!

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    www.meidling-forum.at Foren-Übersicht -> WIRTSCHAFT - FINANZ
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
Eberndorfer

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Apr 04, 2008 7:38 am    Titel: George Soros: The worst financial crisis since the 1930s! Antworten mit Zitat

The worst financial crisis since the 1930s ...‏

From: georgesoros@getresponse.com on behalf of George Soros (george@georgesoros.com)
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as unsafe
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 3:19:51 AM
To: Otto Tomasch (...@...com)

April 3, 2007

Dear Friends and Colleagues:

I want to let you know that my new book was released today exclusively as an e-Book (the hardcover will be available mid-May). The book is called The New Paradigm for Financial Markets: The Credit Crisis of 2008 and What It Means.

In the book I discuss the current financial crisis, which I believe is the most severe since the 1930s. My analysis reflects 50 years of practical experience in the markets and a philosophical theory regarding market patterns that I have developed over those years. I also present my outlook for the global economy in 2008.

Regards,
George Soros

The e-book is available now through many retailers, including Amazon's Kindle, The Sony Reader, and e-bookseller websites listed here.

From The New Paradigm:

"The United States is facing both a recession and a flight from the dollar. The decline in housing prices, the weight of accumulated household debt, and the losses and uncertainties in the banking system threaten to push the economy into a self-reinforcing decline.

Measures to combat this threat increase the supply of dollars. At the same time, the flight from the dollar has set up inflationary pressures through higher energy, commodity, and food prices.

The European Central Bank, whose mission is to maintain price stability, is reluctant to lower interest rates. This has created a discord between U.S. and E.U. monetary policy and put upward pressure on the euro. The euro has appreciated more than the renminbi, creating trade tension between Europe and China.

The renminbi can be expected to catch up with the euro both to avoid prote ctionism in the United States and increasingly in Europe, and to contain imported price inflation in China. This will, in turn, increase prices at Wal-Mart and put additional pressure on the already beleaguered U.S. consumer.

Unfortunately this administration shows no understanding of the predicament in which it finds itself."

For more information about George Soros please visit GeorgeSoros.com

GeorgeSoros.com
888 7th Avenue
New York City
NY 10106
United States
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    www.meidling-forum.at Foren-Übersicht -> WIRTSCHAFT - FINANZ Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 2 Stunden
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.