www.meidling-forum.at Foren-Übersicht www.meidling-forum.at

FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

Arsene Wenger: "Germany could go ‘all the way’!"

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    www.meidling-forum.at Foren-Übersicht -> FUSSBALL-ECKE
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
Eberndorfer

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 26, 2008 10:23 am    Titel: Arsene Wenger: "Germany could go ‘all the way’!" Antworten mit Zitat

Germany could go ‘all the way’!
BASEL

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who knows a thing or two about winning trophies, tipped Germany to win Euro 2008 on Tuesday, predicting they would beat Spain in Sunday’s final in Vienna.

He also said that Michael Ballack, who plays for Arsenal’s London rivals Chelsea, had been the most consistent player in the tournament so far, although he also praised Russian forward Andrei Arshavin who has inspired his team after being suspended for the opening two matches.

Wenger told reporters that Germany had a mental toughness other teams lacked and believed “they would edge” Spain in the final.

“Germany always appear to have unrest in the camp, but when they go into a match they are united. They are one of the few countries I know whose players can have a go against each other in the newspapers two days before a game, but they go into a game united and very strong.

“They always have a kind of simplicity in their collective game. They never use too many touches, they keep it simple and they play as a team, and in the final third they are very efficient.” He singled out captain Ballack as their main inspiration.

“I believe that he has brought a new dimension to his game and is the undoubted leader of the team.

“Lukas Podolski is also having a great tournament, but if you look at Michael Ballack, he makes his team play, he is efficient, he can score goals.

He has been the most consistent player in the tournament since the opening day.

“I think Germany will edge Spain in the final.

They have a belief that comes from their history and that history gives them strength.

“Spain’s biggest handicap is that they haven’t won anything for more than 30 years, play two or three games and then go home.” Germany have massive belief and you saw that in the quarter-finals. All the teams were at the same level technically. What made the difference was their mental aspect.” Wenger also praised Russia and said they had “improved dramatically” since he saw them lose to Israel in the qualifiers, and agreed that Arshavin had made an enormous impact in Russia’s last two matches.

Despite tipping Spain to beat Russia in the semifinal today, Wenger said: “Russia have the best movement on and off the ball, and they use space better than any other team.

“What is quite amazing is that Russia is the only country where a player like Arshavin suddenly comes to the world’s attention at the age of 27.
That is not possible anywhere else.

“I wish I’d seen him at 21 or 22. I predict he will come to the Premier League, or go to a big club in Italy. The way he plays is something very special.”

Comment!

"They have a belief that comes from their history and that history gives them strength."

Wrong!
It's their historical work ethic.

http://70.86.22.210/khaleejtimes/Articletext.aspx?article=26_06_2008_070_004&mode=1
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    www.meidling-forum.at Foren-Übersicht -> FUSSBALL-ECKE Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 2 Stunden
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.