www.meidling-forum.at Foren-Übersicht www.meidling-forum.at

FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

Bernhard Langer ('25-under') der Grösste (50er) aller Zeiten

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    www.meidling-forum.at Foren-Übersicht -> SPORT-ECKE
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
Eberndorfer

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Okt 16, 2007 2:37 am    Titel: Bernhard Langer ('25-under') der Grösste (50er) aller Zeiten Antworten mit Zitat

Langer coasts to first Champions Tour win

Spring, TX (Sports Network) - Bernhard Langer kept his game in drive when he could have coasted in neutral.

Long before he finished off a stunning eight-under 64 at Administaff Small Business Classic, Langer's first win on the Champions Tour had become an inevitability.

His foot on the pedal all the way to the end, the World Golf Hall of Famer made eight birdies Sunday in the final round at Augusta Pines to close the tournament with 34 consecutive bogey-free holes and leave a host of top over-50 stars in his dust.

Leading by six shots already, Langer made birdies on each of his last three holes.

He finished with an overall score of 25-under 191 to smash the tournament scoring record by nine shots and match the Champions Tour record for a 54-hole score.

He beat Mark O'Meara by eight strokes, Tom Kite by nine and Jay Haas by 11.

Langer's win came in only his fourth start on the Champions Tour. The two-time Masters champion qualified for full-time status just 48 days ago, when he turned 50 on August 27th.

He nearly won on the PGA Tour earlier this year, but was beaten by Rory Sabbatini in a playoff at Colonial.

"A few guys in the locker room kidded me and asked me, 'Don't you have somewhere else to play?" recounted Langer, who claimed $255,000 for the win. "I'll play one more (event on the Champions Tour) and then decide what I'm going to do next year."

Also 50 and looking for his first Champions Tour win, O'Meara shot a four- under 68 on Sunday. The 1998 Masters and British Open champion would have broken Mark McNulty's two-year-old tournament scoring record by a shot at 17- under 199, if not for Langer.

"He's just such a great player and he played so smart out there," O'Meara said.

Kite had a 69 and was alone in third place at 16-under 200, while 2006 champion Haas (67) shared fourth place with Lonnie Nielsen (6Cool at 14-under 202.

Langer carried a four-shot lead over O'Meara and Kite into the final round.

Fuzzy Zoeller mounted the closest thing to a challenge to Langer's lead by making three birdies and an eagle on his first six holes to pull within four strokes before Langer had even completed a hole.

But Zoeller cooled off, and nobody stepped into his place. Not that anyone had much of a chance to catch Langer, who had three birdies over his first eight holes to increase his lead to five shots.

He led by six shots after making back-to-back birdies at the 12th and 13th holes. His three closing birdies -- including what were basically gimme putts at 16 and 18 -- served only to lengthen his margin of victory and improve his record score.

"It was a good leaderboard up there. Lots of champions nipping at my heels if I faltered," said Langer, who owns three PGA Tour wins and 58 titles worldwide. "But I didn't leave anything out there today."
10/14 20:20:14 ET

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=golf-s/news/BKN4107762.htm

Kommentar!

Und keine deutschsprachige Zeitung findet es wert darueber zu berichten.
Erstaunlich?

Sagt aber jemand "Autobahn", ist die Medien-Hoelle los.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    www.meidling-forum.at Foren-Übersicht -> SPORT-ECKE Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 2 Stunden
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.